ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Changing destination drive for systemstate backupds

2010-02-22 14:38:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Changing destination drive for systemstate backupds
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 14:36:46 -0500
Hi Gary,

In theory, yes, the client is supposed to clean up the older entries. There
have been a few defects in this area (most recently IC63625) that can cause
the older entries to not be cleaned up. Current client versions should, at
the start of the next system state backup, clean out the entries from the
prior backup; but it will not clean up older entries that were left over
from the aforementioned defects.

You can safely delete those directories in which the file
SystemState_Audit.txt appears.

If you DO NOT use any TDP applications to perform VSS-based backups (e.g.,
Exchange or SQL Server), then you can safely remove the entire adsm.sys
directory structure (as long as the client is not in the middle of a backup
operation).

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group
Tivoli Storage Manager Client Product Development
Level 3 Team Lead
Internal Notes e-mail: Andrew Raibeck/Hartford/IBM@IBMUS

http://www.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/Overview/Software/Tivoli/Tivoli_Storage_Manager

The command line is your friend.

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu> wrote on 2010-02-22
08:23:08:

> [image removed]
>
> Re: Changing destination drive for systemstate backupds
>
> Lee, Gary D.
>
> to:
>
> ADSM-L
>
> 2010-02-22 08:23
>
> Sent by:
>
> "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT vm.marist DOT edu>
>
> Please respond to "ADSM: Dist Stor Manager"
>
> Should the files in the adsm.sys folder ever purge?  i.e. I see
> files in there from the first day a backup was ever mnade on this
> particular server. July 2009.  Retonly on this machine is 14 days.
>

> Gary Lee
> Senior System Programmer
> Ball State University
> phone: 765-285-1310