ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Our TSM system is a mess. Suggestions? Ideas?

2010-02-14 11:58:19
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Our TSM system is a mess. Suggestions? Ideas?
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 11:55:39 -0500
On Feb 14, 2010, at 11:32 AM, Grigori Solonovitch wrote:

Hello John,
I am sorry, maybe I do not understand your request, but I have very
simple advice - just increase logs at least 3-4 times.You will have
enough time for everything.
I have 130 nodes and 16Gb database with 8GB logs and sometimes it is
not enough. I think 13GB logs for so big TSM database and big number
of nodes is not enough.

The architectural size limit for the TSM4,5 Recovery Log is 13 GB.

Recovery Log pinning is often due to scheduling congestion or data
transmission speed of clients, usually involving very large files.

    Richard Sims