ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Multiple server-server exports of a single client

2010-02-12 10:15:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Multiple server-server exports of a single client
From: Paul Zarnowski <psz1 AT CORNELL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:14:10 -0500
I believe the answer is "yes", but you will also end up with many duplicates
(for files that have not changed).  An alternative would be to run a second
scheduler to ServerB (after you've done the first initial export).

Also, I think you realize this, but for completeness: you not only need to
worry about retention, but also the number of retained versions.  If you're
retaining for 60 days, but only 3 versions, then you could be missing some
versions.

..Paul

--
Paul Zarnowski                            Ph: 607-255-4757
Manager, Storage Services                 Fx: 607-255-8521