ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Disaster Recovery

2010-02-04 10:51:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Disaster Recovery
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 10:49:02 -0500
This is not a feature of TSM.  The official TSM recovery solution is the
restore-from-db exercise.
There are third-party replication products that are able to synchronously
or asynchronously replicate the disk data (and has nothing to do with TSM)
   Just point those products at the db/log/server directories and they
will be synchronized.

"Metro Mirror" sounds like an IBM solution and we use SRDF (EMC)   SRDF
works fine for this and we have been through a few DR tests successfully.

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
Sabar.Hasiholan AT METRODATA.CO DOT ID

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
02/03/2010 11:23 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Disaster Recovery

Hi Grigori,

Thank you for your share. But What I need actually is the information of
the feauture of TSM that will do the synchronisation, not disk mirroring
but TSM catalog synchronisation.

BR,

Martin