ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DSMADMC running from Target server?

2010-02-01 09:39:42
Subject: [ADSM-L] DSMADMC running from Target server?
From: Eric Vaughn <evaughn AT STEVENSON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 09:39:00 -0500
Could someone tell me if I am using incorrect syntax. I am trying to run
dsmadmc from my target server in order to query some volumes that may have
potential problems.  I was getting the error ANS8019E before I added the (-) in
front of id and password. After adding (-) I dont get an error, but it does not
establish a connection with the correct server.  It establishes a connection
with my source server.  I am using the following and running from the baclient
directory.

dsmadmc -server=10.10.1.xxx -id=admin -password=admin

10.10.1.xxx is my target server. The command is being ran from this server as
well.

My output establishes a connection with the source. Anyone have any thoughts or
ideas as to what I could be doing wrong?

Eric Vaughn
Technical Administrator
Stevenson University
Office (443)334-2301