ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Turning Encryption Off/On

2010-01-13 08:18:09
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Turning Encryption Off/On
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT ITAA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 12:06:35 +0100
I don't think you can have two devices classes (one with and one without
encryption) sharing the same pool of scratch volumes (one logical library)
using LTO hardware encryption.
This is because the volume label on the tape is either written encrypted or it
is not, I don't think the none encrypted deviceclass is able to write to a
scratch tape labeled within an encrypted deviceclass configuration because the
first thing it does is check the label, that's encrypted so label doesn't match
eject -> set to private, next volume please...etc etc.