ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Excrypting Exchange Data

2010-01-12 06:59:13
Subject: [ADSM-L] Excrypting Exchange Data
From: Stefan Folkerts <stefan.folkerts AT ITAA DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 12:57:43 +0100
What is supposed to be a walk in the park (when reading the very limited amount
of documentation on encryption in the protection for mail (exchange)
documentation) is turning into a little bit of a headache. :)

I currenty have my exchange dsm.opt setup like this ;

enableclientencryptkey yes
encryptiontype AES128
INCLUDE.ENCRYPT *\...\*

Also tried ;

include.encrypt "SERVERNAME\First Storage Group\...\*"

Doesn't change the situation, it still doesn't work.

I get NO request for key input, I am 100% sure this is not done before and I
cannot seem to see my error here..please somebody point me at the error in my
ways!

It would be great if somebody could post his dsm.opt file for an encrypted
Exchange server.

Regards,

  Stefan