ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Tsm on Z-linux biber channel attached tape problems

2010-01-11 14:57:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Tsm on Z-linux biber channel attached tape problems
From: John Hanley <hanley.john AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 14:55:24 -0500
The only way I found to reliably get back the tape drives after the
Linux TSM server guest was ipl'ed under zVM was to
delete/define the drives in TSM. From what I understand san discovery
using Linux/390 under zVM does not work.
The following is the script I use:
DELETE PATH SERVER1 DRIVE1 SRCT=SERVER DESTT=DRIVE LIBRARY=LIBR1
DELETE DRIVE LIBR1 DRIVE1
DELETE PATH SERVER1 DRIVE2 SRCT=SERVER DESTT=DRIVE LIBRARY=LIBR1
DELETE DRIVE LIBR1 DRIVE2
DELETE PATH SERVER1 DRIVE3 SRCT=SERVER DESTT=DRIVE LIBRARY=LIBR1
DELETE DRIVE LIBR1 DRIVE3
DELETE PATH SERVER1 DRIVE4 SRCT=SERVER DESTT=DRIVE LIBRARY=LIBR1
DELETE DRIVE LIBR1 DRIVE4
def drive libr1 drive1
def path server1 drive1 srct=server destt=drive libr=libr1 devi=/dev/IBMtape0
def drive libr1 drive2
def path server1 drive2 srct=server destt=drive libr=libr1 devi=/dev/IBMtape1
def drive libr1 drive3
def path server1 drive3 srct=server destt=drive libr=libr1 devi=/dev/IBMtape2
def drive libr1 drive4
def path server1 drive4 srct=server destt=drive libr=libr1 devi=/dev/IBMtape3