ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Disparate Client Options

2010-01-05 12:26:20
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Disparate Client Options
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 12:24:22 -0500
>> On Tue, 5 Jan 2010 11:48:19 -0500, "Cowen, Richard" <rcowen AT SBSPLANET DOT
>> COM> said:

> 1) Run your scripts from a windows machine.
> 2) For each TSM server target in your script, create a "dummy" dsm.opt
> with a "dummy" server name (pointed to with -optfile or DSM_CONFIG, and
[ ... ]

3) have a dsm.sys with all your servers defined in it. Select between them with

dsmadmc -se=[servername]

I've been doing this for about a decade.  It does require that you
maintain a dsm.sys, but I doubt we mostly move TSM servers all that
frequently.

If you do, you'd by-god _better_ have good recordkeeping of what is
where, and you can maintain your dsm.sys as a descendant of that
recordkeeping.

For my own part, I track my TSM servers in a big ball of XML which
includes reporting, admin schedule and charging information, and
generate a generic dsm.sys with a stylesheet.

- Allen S. Rout