ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] unexpected result from audit library

2010-01-02 09:11:58
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] unexpected result from audit library
From: "Howard Coles Jr." <howard.coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 08:10:29 -0600
On Sat, 2010-01-02 at 19:12 +0530, ashish sharma wrote:
> Hello Everybody,
>
> Wish you a very happy new year.
>
> I have TSM server version 5.5.0.0 and IBM tape library TS3310. Yesterday i
> find that all my backups have failed. When i checked for reason, i could see
> that there was no scratch available in library. To my surprise , the status
> of all the volumes were private though they didnt contaioned any data. After
> running audit libray command , i find in the actlog that all the volumes
> were unavailable and after audit library my "q libv" o/p showed 0
> libvolumes. But i had a lot of data backed up on tapes and i could see that
> "q vol " o/p showed those tapes but they all are in unavailable status. I
> dont know what to do ,as i am afraid that someone played with the library
> and TSm server and now my data is in danger. I will open a call to IBM
> support but that can be possible on monday only so i need help of you expert
> guys to resolve this.

If you have a way to report on the history of each volume you should be
able to see why it was marked "Private".  You can update the volume
manually so that it's writable.  However, I would check the paths to the
library and drives and make sure that "drive1", for example, is still
actually Drive 1, in the right slot.

You should also look through the Act logs and find out who was monkeying
with the system.  And, while you're at it, and it's down anyway, I would
patch the TSM server to 5.5.3 anyway.

--
Howard Coles Jr.