ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Alternative to TSM

2009-12-31 12:59:40
Subject: [ADSM-L] Alternative to TSM
From: bob molerio <molerio AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 09:59:12 -0800
If you already have a mainframe in house I'd look into FDR.
It integrates easliy with DFSMS.The combination of FDR/Upstream and FDR on z/OS
are a pretty tough combination to beat if you have z/OS FDR investment. You
need both to get file-level dumps.I just find it idiotic that TSM doesn’t have
any channel attached tape support on Linux — I mean, look at what’s already
paid for in that environment. Buying new tape infrastructure that z/OS can’t
even SEE, let alone use.

Thank you,     Bob Molerio
IBM System z™ - Used by 90% of Fortune 1000 Companies / Handling 70% of the
World’s Corporate Data
 99.999% Availability / No Virus in 42 Years / Application Compatibility from
1964 to Today