ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] How does dsmserv daemon start

2009-12-28 23:50:26
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] How does dsmserv daemon start
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 22:48:53 -0600
-----Original Message-----

Are you running AIX, some form of Linux, or ???

Normally on AIX it's added to the /etc/inittab file.

On Linux you would copy or link the startup script to /etc/init.d
Assuming the file "dsmserv.rc" isn't already in the init.d directory, run the
following:

ln -s /opt/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmserv.rc /etc/init.d/dsmserv.rc

which links the script to the init.d directory.
Then run (as root)

/etc/init.d/dsmserv.rc start

The server processes should start in the background.  Then you can go about
creating the links in the various runlevels.  Or use a runlevel management
utility to create the links for you. (Such as chkconfig in RedHat)

However, if it's already there, and the server will not start when you run
"/etc/init.d/dsmserv.rc start" what errors do you get?  (check your dsmserv.opt
file and any appropriate log files for info on why it's not starting).

---

See Ya'
Howard Coles Jr.
Sr. Systems Engineer