ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Client Schedules failing...

2009-12-17 07:41:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM Client Schedules failing...
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 07:40:24 -0500
On Dec 17, 2009, at 12:03 AM, Kiran-Systems wrote:

I am using TSM Server and client V5.5.0.0. My schedules are getting
failed
with the following error.

ANS4008E Error processing '/vol01': file is temporarily unavailable

I am backing up file server with GPFS file system on RHEL.

That seems to be a gross problem which, as such, should be readily
identifiable.  Check your /var/log/messages log for indications, as
well as dsmerror.log.  Look back to your last successful backups from
this file system and see what changed since then.  Check whether the
same UID performing the backup can traverse the file system at the OS
level.  Look for problems with the way the file system was mounted.
And, of course, look for impeding locks.

Also, note that you are running base level TSM software, which is a
Bad Idea when maintenance is available, where odd problems can be
experienced for lack of software updates.

   Richard Sims