ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Client 6.1.2 and TDP for SQL 5.5.2.1

2009-12-10 01:53:55
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Client 6.1.2 and TDP for SQL 5.5.2.1
From: Grigori Solonovitch <G.Solonovitch AT BKME DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 10 Dec 2009 09:50:43 +0300
Hello Everybody,
I would like to share next information. I think it can be interesting for those
who "put fingers" into TSM Client 6.1.2 already.

If upgrade TSM Client 5.5.X/6.1.0.X to 6.1.2.0 is required on server with TDP
for SQL 5.5.2.1 only next sequence of actions leads to working installation:

1)     de-install TDP for SQL 5.5.2.1;

2)     de-install TSM Client 5.5.X/6.1.0.X;

3)     on request reboot server;

4)     install TSM Client 6.1.2.0;

5)     on request reboot server;

6)     configure TSM Client 6.1.2.0 (dsm.opt, CAD, Scheduler, Journal, VSS);

7)     install TDP for SQL 5.5.2.1;

8)     configure scheduler for MS SQL backups, if required;

9)     good luck (run backups by GUI or via scheduler).

Any other sequence of actions leads to problems or with TSM Client services or
MS SQL backups via TDP for SQL.

I have tested this on a few servers and, in my opinion, this is acceptable
workaround.

Problem was reported to IBM and they advised only this solution.

Regards,

Grigori G. Solonovitch

Senior Technical Architect

Information Technology  Bank of Kuwait and Middle East  http://www.bkme.com

Phone: (+965) 2231-2274  Mobile: (+965) 99798073  E-Mail: G.Solonovitch AT bkme
DOT com<mailto:G.Solonovitch AT bkme DOT com>

Please consider the environment before printing this Email

Please consider the environment before printing this Email.

"This email message and any attachments transmitted with it may contain
confidential and proprietary information, intended only for the named
recipient(s). If you have received this message in error, or if you are not the
named recipient(s), please delete this email after notifying the sender
immediately. BKME cannot guarantee the integrity of this communication and
accepts no liability for any damage caused by this email or its attachments due
to viruses, any other defects, interception or unauthorized modification. The
information, views, opinions and comments of this message are those of the
individual and not necessarily endorsed by BKME."