ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] The service 'TSM' does not exist ??

2009-11-20 15:13:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] The service 'TSM' does not exist ??
From: Timothy Hughes <Timothy.Hughes AT OIT.STATE.NJ DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 20 Nov 2009 15:12:39 -0500
Neil,

I ran the following command, the results are below.

D:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient>dsmcutil query cad /name:"TSM
Client Scheduler"

TSM Windows NT Client Service Configuration Utility
Command Line Interface - Version 6, Release 1, Level 0.2
(C) Copyright IBM Corporation, 1990, 2009, All Rights Reserved.
Last Updated Jul  5 2009
TSM Api Version 6.1.0

Command: Query TSM Client Service Parameters
Machine: SNI287(Local Machine)

Connecting to service 'TSM Client Scheduler' ...

Service Configuration/Status:

Service Name   : TSM Client Scheduler
Image Path     : "D:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsmcsvc.exe"
Logon Account  : LocalSystem
Start Type     : Demand
Current Status : Stopped

TSM Client Service Registry Settings:

Client Service Type = Client Scheduler Service
Options file        = D:\Program Files\Tivoli\TSM\baclient\dsm.opt
TSM Client Node     = SNI287
Event Logging       = YES
Comm Protocol       = (value not currently set)
Server              = (value not currently set)
Server Port         = (value not currently set)
Schedule Log        = D:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmsched.log
Error Log           = D:\program files\tivoli\tsm\baclient\dsmerror.log
Cluster Enabled     = (value not currently set)

I checked the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TSM
Client Acceptor\Parameters\PartnameName  -  It does show REG_SZ

Here is the dsm.opt file ( Note: this is a VM/VCB proxy  Server)

DSM.opf file

NODENAME SNI287
tcpclientaddress xxx.xx.xx
PASSWORDACCESS GENERATE
TCPSERVERADDRESS xxx.xx.xx
VMCHOST  xx.xx.xxx.xx
VMCUSER vcbuser
VMCPW vcbu$er
VMLIST SNI08,SNI09,SNI110
SUBFILEBACKUP YES
SUBFILECACHEPATH d:\tsmsubfile
SUBFILECAcHESIZE 100
commmethod tcpip

MANAGEDSERVICES    WEBCLIENT SCHEDULE
DOMAIN    ALL-LOCAL

VMBACKUPTYPE FILE

Thanks!
Tim

Neil Schofield wrote:

Timothy

I'm assuming here that you are using the client acceptor to manage the
scheduler service. To determine the name of the scheduler the CAD is
trying to start, run DSMCUTIL QUERY CAD /NAME:"TSM Client Acceptor" and
check what's reported for the Partner Service. Based on your DSMCUTIL LIST
output, the correct value would be "TSM Client Scheduler".

If the value is not correct, it could be that it's been updated by
someone/something but without enclosing the string "TSM Client Scheduler"
in quotes leaving the effective value as just "TSM".

I believe the information reported by DSMCUTIL QUERY is stored in the
following registry value
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\TSM Client
Acceptor\Parameters\PartnerName

It may be worth checking that this is a REG_SZ string rather than, for
example, a REG_MULTI_SZ or a REG_EXPAND_SZ string.

Let us know what you discover.

Regards
Neil Schofield
Infrastructure Platform Technologies Manager
Yorkshire Water

Find out how our new character Numptee is causing all sorts of
problems by putting the wrong things down his toilet and drains -
check out his videos and look at what you can do to help keep your
drains running free.

Visit http://www.yorkshirewater.com/binit

The information in this e-mail is confidential and may also be
legally privileged. The contents are intended for recipient only
and are subject to the legal notice available at
http://www.keldagroup.com/email.htm Yorkshire Water Services
Limited
Registered Office Western House Halifax Road Bradford BD6 2SZ
Registered in England and Wales No 2366682