ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] VSS Errors using TSM BA client 6.1.2

2009-11-19 15:54:27
Subject: [ADSM-L] VSS Errors using TSM BA client 6.1.2
From: David W Daniels/AC/VCU <dwdaniel AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 15:44:15 -0500
Our windows spt team is having/getting the following errors when trying to
the TSM client 6.1.2.to do backups.  Below are specifics.

Cerseweb is Windows 2003 server SP2.  I have applied the updates/hotfix
that should have alleviated the problem. KB940349 for Win2k3 post SP2.
KB914962 is included in SP2.

I still receive the error. This is based on a document from IBM regarding
'Windows 2003 Volume Shadow Copy Service (VSS) Hotfixes for Systemstate
Backup".  These KB's were to fix various Microsoft VSS failures.

There error is:
 VSS - " Volume Shadow Copy Service error: An error occured calling
QueryInterface from IVssCoordinator to IVssShim.  hr = 0x800706b5.  "

** Don't be a phishing victim - VCU and other reputable organizations will