ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Oracle in AIX - Problem

2009-11-18 23:10:40
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Oracle in AIX - Problem
From: Wellington KMK <wellington.kirubhakaran AT WIPRO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2009 09:42:35 +0530
Issue got Resolved. Thanks for all ur Support...

Oracle Corporation has recommended to configure the TDP for Oracle in
both the nodes and the both the nodes RMAN configuration as below..
RMAN> show all;
RMAN configuration parameters are:
CONFIGURE RETENTION POLICY TO REDUNDANCY 30;
CONFIGURE BACKUP OPTIMIZATION OFF;
CONFIGURE DEFAULT DEVICE TYPE TO 'SBT_TAPE';
CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP ON;
CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP FORMAT FOR DEVICE TYPE 'SBT_TAPE' TO
'%F';
CONFIGURE CONTROLFILE AUTOBACKUP FORMAT FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO '%F';
CONFIGURE DEVICE TYPE 'SBT_TAPE' PARALLELISM 2;
CONFIGURE DEVICE TYPE DISK PARALLELISM 2;
CONFIGURE DATAFILE BACKUP COPIES FOR DEVICE TYPE 'SBT_TAPE' TO 1;
CONFIGURE DATAFILE BACKUP COPIES FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO 1; # default
CONFIGURE ARCHIVELOG BACKUP COPIES FOR DEVICE TYPE 'SBT_TAPE' TO 1;
CONFIGURE ARCHIVELOG BACKUP COPIES FOR DEVICE TYPE DISK TO 1; # default
CONFIGURE CHANNEL 1 DEVICE TYPE 'SBT_TAPE' PARMS
'ENV=(TDPO_OPTFILE=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64/tdpo.opt)' FORMAT
"BACKUP_%U" CONNECT  'sys/sys@icropdb01';
CONFIGURE CHANNEL 2 DEVICE TYPE 'SBT_TAPE' PARMS
'ENV=(TDPO_OPTFILE=/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/oracle/bin64/tdpo.opt)' FORMAT
"BACKUP_%U" CONNECT  'sys/sys@icropdb02';
CONFIGURE MAXSETSIZE TO UNLIMITED;
CONFIGURE SNAPSHOT CONTROLFILE NAME TO
'/opt/oracle/product/9i/dbs/snapcf_icropdb01.f'; # default
RMAN>

In the above configuration, you can find two channels has been
configured to communicate with both the nodes. So, the backup will
happen from both the nodes coz the Oracle Undo files and Archive logs
are unique in both the nodes.

TSM Client and TDP for Oracle Configuration refer the below link..

Backup is happening successfully now.

Regards,
Wellington Kirubhakaran M K
Senior Engineer - Storage Management
Wipro Infotech
88, MG Road, SB Towers, Bangalore - 560001, Karnataka, India
Mob: +91 97400 68478 | Ph: +91 80 66292319
Email: wellington.kirubhakaran AT wipro DOT com | Website: www.wipro.com