ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] ASR unavailability

2009-11-16 16:42:28
Subject: [ADSM-L] ASR unavailability
From: Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2009 08:41:28 +1100
Hi All

I was just perusing the 6.1 client requirements, and am surprised to see
that ASR is not supported for Vista, 2008 or Windows 7.  This is true of
the 5.5 client as well.  What is the story here?  Whilst ASR has
restrictions, it is great for the common case of a dead hard drive.
What are we supposed to use in its stead?  Given that Vista is some
years old now has this been quietly filed into the "too hard" basket, so
that it will never be available again?

The cynic in me might well assume that this is a marketing decision
designed to force everyone into buying a separate product.

Steve.

Steven Harris
TSM and AIX admin
Looking for Work, Sydney Australia