ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] different cartridge sizes in one library

2009-11-13 10:38:18
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] different cartridge sizes in one library
From: Howard Coles <Howard.Coles AT ARDENTHEALTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 13 Nov 2009 09:36:53 -0600
Yes, and remember to put the smaller drives at the head of the line in
the library.  That way the smaller tapes can move up to the smaller
drives and the larger ones will stay at the bottom.  I've noted over
time that TSM will use the drives in order from 01 down, and if you have
the larger ones at the top then the smaller tapes make take up the drive
bays.
We currently have a mix of LTO2 and LTO3 drives.
See Ya'
Howard

http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/tivihelp/v1r1/topic/com.ibm.it