ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] de-duplicating compressed data

2009-11-07 10:11:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] de-duplicating compressed data
From: Andrew Carlson <naclosagc AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 2009 09:10:53 -0600
I am not an expert in this area, but I have been told by a number of Dedup
vendors that compressed data cannot be deduped.  YMMV, but it seems correct
to me, because small changes in the file could potentially change much of a
compressed file, depending on the compression method used.

--
Andy Carlson
Gamecube:$150,PSO:$50,Broadband Adapter: $35, Hunters License: $8.95/month,