ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Restoring dedupped-backup from VTL

2009-11-03 09:58:42
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Restoring dedupped-backup from VTL
From: Mehdi Salehi <iranian.aix.support AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 3 Nov 2009 18:27:41 +0330
So, what is the best practice to use VTL+TSM? Suppose I dedicate all TSM
disk capacity available to TS7650 (so there is just one kind of storage pool
in TSM: virtual tapes!) and If there is not proper link to D/R site for
VTL-to-VTL copy, there remains only one way to transfer backups off-site:
using conventional tapes
If what I mentioned above is correct, to build off-site tapes de-duplication
should be rolled-back when data is copied from VTL to tapes :(