ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] JR- dsmc multilpe filesystem restore on 1 line

2009-10-27 16:31:15
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] JR- dsmc multilpe filesystem restore on 1 line
From: JR Trimark <j.r.trimark AT AURORA DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 15:26:22 -0500
Jim,

The problem I am running into is that by using multiple dsmc commands, I
have to load/reload tapes for every file system I am restoring since I
only have a single tape drive and my data is on 2 tapes.

Any ideas?

Thanks
JR

"Schneider, Jim" <jschneider AT USSCO DOT COM>
10/27/2009 03:01 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] JR- dsmc multilpe filesystem restore on 1 line

JR,

I can't.  The second file system name is the location to which the first
file system is restored.  I create a script with multiple dsmc commands,
each one restoring one file system.  Assuming your data is on separate
tapes or on disk, you have to run multiple commands to restore more than
one file system at a time.

Jim Schneider