ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDPOSYNC question

2009-10-27 02:18:52
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDPOSYNC question
From: Grigori Solonovitch <G.Solonovitch AT BKME DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 08:30:35 +0300
Normally you can start this process as root by (this is an example):

[LPAR08][/]>tdposync syncdb -tdpo_optfile=/home/oracle/admin/tdpo/pbob.opt

IBM Tivoli Storage Manager for Databases:

Data Protection for Oracle

Version 5, Release 5, Level 2.0

(C) Copyright IBM Corporation 1997, 2009. All rights reserved.

Catalog 1 User Name: rman

Catalog 1 Password: XXXXXX

Catalog 1 Connect String: ptsm.bkme.com

>From Date (01/01/1990): 01/01/2009

To Date (10/27/2009): 10/27/2009

Gathering Catalog information...Please wait

SQL*Plus: Release 10.2.0.3.0 - Production on Tue Oct 27 08:27:10 2009

Copyright (c) 1982, 2006, Oracle.  All Rights Reserved.

Connected to:

Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0 - 64bit Production

With the Partitioning and Data Mining Scoring Engine options

Disconnected from Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.3.0 -
64bit Production

With the Partitioning and Data Mining Scoring Engine options

The TSM Server is Synchronized with the Oracle Catalog or there

are no matching files in the requested filespace.

[LPAR08][/]>

I think it will be enough to answer questions, but I would like to stress that
tdposync is not working from user oracle - root privileges are required.

Regards,

Grigori G. Solonovitch

Senior Technical Architect

Information Technology  Bank of Kuwait and Middle East  http://www.bkme.com

Phone: (+965) 2231-2274  Mobile: (+965) 99798073  E-Mail: G.Solonovitch AT bkme
DOT com

Please consider the environment before printing this Email