ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] OES Linus cluster question

2009-10-26 03:32:21
Subject: [ADSM-L] OES Linus cluster question
From: Robert Ouzen Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 26 Oct 2009 09:30:55 +0200
Hello.

I'm looking for getting TSM configured in an OES2 Cluster environment. We
currently have a two node (NodeA NodeB)  sharing a NSS volume , when one node
is active (NodeA).

Nodea and  NodeB backup local volume , I created an another node (Node_cluster)
to backup the NSS volume.

I added in each dsm.sys the instance for Node_cluster and load for NodeA

1.    Dsmcad (to backup local FS , local dsm.opt)

2.     Dsmcad –optfile=/media/nss/APPS/tivoli/cluster.opt

For NodeB I load only  Dsmcad (to backup local FS , local dsm.opt), I have on
this node exactly the same configuration to backup the NSS volume as NodeA (in
dsm.sys the instance of Node_cluster too).

My question is how I can manage in case of failure of NodeA when NodeB became
active the process of TSM (Dsmcad –optfile=/media/nss/APPS/tivoli/cluster.opt )
to be load automatic to continue to backup the NSS volume ??????

T.I.A Regards

Robert Ouzen