ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] ISC 6.1 Quirkiness

2009-10-15 17:49:53
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] ISC 6.1 Quirkiness
From: Carol Trible <trible AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 14:48:39 -0700
Hi Sam,
Most of  your problems look like they  are related. The DEDUP one very much
looks like a known problem with FireFox, some of the 3.5.x versions, where
it looses check boxes.  If you go to the sessions tab, go to the advanced
settings tab, and back to the sessions tab you will see that the check
boxes are all unchecked. When the OK or APPLY buttons are selected, the
commands appropriate to unchecked boxes are issued.  Also, if you go in the
notebook and mover around between tabs, the 2nd time you go to a tab, the
check boxes are unchecked.  I was able to reproduce this on FireFox 3.5.3.
There also issues with radio group selection that cause the Admin Schedule,
STG pool,  and STG pool volume problems, and if the last one  for Policy
domains is Management class backup or archive settings, that one too.

Can you give more detail on your Activity Log problem?  I didn't see any
problem, but I'm not sure what is not working correctly from your
statement.

Thanks,
Carol Trible
 IBM Tivoli Storage Manager Development

We have installed TSM 6.1.2 server on a new AIX box along with the 6.1
version of the Administration Center. I don't know if there is something
we missed on the config of the ISC or if these are just bugs, but we
have had a number of incidents of bad behaviour when trying to define
stuff with this interface:

- Server advanced settings in ISC DEDUPREQUIRESBACKUP box also disables
   all sessions
- ISC Admin Schedule settings do not allow specification of anything but
   one time for repetition
- Activity log display date/time settings do not update correctly
- Define STG pool will only take default settings (disk pool)
- Define STG pool volume will only define raw logical volumes
- Define/Modify policy domain does not allow setting of nolimit for
   RETVER

Anyone else seen these behaviours or are we doing something wrong?

Thanks
Sam Sheppard
San Diego Data Processing Corp.
(858)-581-9668