ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Querying status of a finished process

2009-10-14 21:37:31
Subject: [ADSM-L] Querying status of a finished process
From: Tribe <tsm-forum AT BACKUPCENTRAL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2009 20:55:58 -0400
Hello,

I'm a beginner with TSM and this question might be very basic. However, I
wasn't able to find the answer in the documentation, so here's my question:

I'm using TSM 5.5 and want to run all commands through the dsmadmc command
line. I'm backing up and restoring NAS nodes.

I found ways to start backups and query running processes (query process <ID>),
but I don't know how to query the status of finished processes. I just want a
simple way to figure out if a backup / restore was successful. If I use the
"query process <ID>" after the job finished, it just tells me "Process cannot
be found".

There must be a simple way to do that, right? I know that I can query the
actlog, but is there a better / easier way to do this, given a process id?

Thanks,
Jan