ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Admin privileges just to update tape paths

2009-10-13 14:26:44
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Admin privileges just to update tape paths
From: Steven Langdale <Steven.Langdale AT CAT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 19:25:01 +0100
Joni

Well the top of the help page for "UPDATE PATH" is:

Privilege Class

To issue this command you must have system privilege or unrestricted
storage privilege.

Does that help?

Thanks

Steven Langdale
Global Information Services
EAME SAN/Storage Planning and Implementation
( Phone : +44 (0)1733 584175
( Mob: +44 (0)7876 216782
ü Conference: +44 (0)208 609 7400 Code: 331817
+ Email: steven.langdale AT cat DOT com

"Moyer, Joni M" <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
13/10/2009 19:03
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
[ADSM-L] Admin privileges just to update tape paths

Caterpillar: Confidential Green Retain Until: 12/11/2009

Hi Everyone,

I've been looking at the privilege classes for administrators and I cannot
figure out which one would handle the ability to update tape paths?  I am
looking for something that gives them the least power on TSM, but will
still allow them to update the drive paths.

Any suggestions?  Analyst?  Operator?

Thanks in advance!

Joni Moyer
Storage Administrator III
(717)302-9966
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com

solely for use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If
you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender
immediately and then delete it. If you are not the intended recipient, you
must not keep, use, disclose, copy or distribute this e-mail without the
author's prior permission. The views expressed in this e-mail message do
not necessarily represent the views of Highmark Inc., its subsidiaries, or
affiliates.