ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] snapdiff

2009-10-12 14:22:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] snapdiff
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 12 Oct 2009 20:20:07 +0200
On 12 okt 2009, at 19:13, Olivier Levan wrote:

Hi all,
for information, I've implemented snapdiff but in a TSM v6.1 only
environment (client and server) and we're going on production. There
are a
couple of limitations and requirements (for ex. the ntfs support
only, the
UTF8 page code, the permissions on the filer ...etc.) that you
should be
careful and nothing is clearly documented ... but when it works, it
works
fine!

On the TSM wiki I found a powerpoint on new client features. This is
quite informative on the issues that you mention.

Be aware that you'll have to be using latest version of Ontap
(7.3.1.x).

I know, that's another issue in my plan.

Thanks,

--
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post