ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.4 or 6.1

2009-10-10 11:23:39
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM 5.4 or 6.1
From: "John D. Schneider" <john.schneider AT COMPUTERCOACHINGCOMMUNITY DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 10 Oct 2009 08:22:52 -0700
Mehdi,
    Yes, I think you need to plan on using the same client and server
version in a LAN-free situation.  So now the only question that remains
then is, whether AIX 5.2 is necessary, or whether you could upgrade to a
new AIX version.   That will decide your choices of TSM version.
    By the way, even though I mentioned that TSM 5.4.3 is a reliable
version, I didn't mean to imply I would recommend it for someone
building a new environnent, because IBM is bound to drop support for it
one of these days when 6.1 is more fully accepted.  In fact, they may
have already announced when; I don't know.

Best Regards,

John D. Schneider
The Computer Coaching Community, LLC
Office: (314) 635-5424 / Toll Free: (866) 796-9226
Cell: (314) 750-8721