ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] MS-SQL TDP log restore question

2009-10-08 08:11:12
Subject: [ADSM-L] MS-SQL TDP log restore question
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 08:10:32 -0400
My MS-SQL guy has the following question and was hoping some TDP experts
can give us an answer, one way or the other:

"We have an issue that may require physically looking through an old
transaction log backup to see if we can find out some information about
who is doing what in the database.  However, since the TDP client takes
the backups straight off to TSM, I'm not sure how to do that.  Is there a
way we can pull those transaction log backups out of TSM and put them on
the server as a file as opposed to doing a restore? "