ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Encrypted Server to Server Communications?

2009-10-07 18:17:36
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Encrypted Server to Server Communications?
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 8 Oct 2009 00:16:14 +0200
On 7 okt 2009, at 22:54, Taylor, Marc wrote:

Good afternoon fellow TSMers,

good evening ;-)

Does anyone know if you can use ssl for server to server
communications
in the TSM versions that do SSL (TSM 5.5.x and above, I think)?

I was just reading through the 6.1 documentation and it isn't clear to
me that it can be done.  They talk about backup client to server but
not
server to server.  Has anyone tried that?

Also, I am disheartened by the fact that CAD doesn't work over SSL
after
Tivoli/IBM pushing it pretty hard these past few years as the first
choice in configuring scheduling operations.  Also disheartening is
that
SSL only works for Windows and AIX.

It's a pity that you missed out on the TSM symposium. I don't recall
exactly, but expanding SSL is at least on some developers minds,
though it might not be implemented on other platforms next year or
even in 2011..... As for server2server there are no plans that I know
of. So if you really need to encrypt that path now, use a (V)PN.

I welcome your thoughts.

Respectfully,

Marc Taylor

--