ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] What is the best why to identify what tape volumes a backup object is residing on.

2009-10-07 15:11:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] What is the best why to identify what tape volumes a backup object is residing on.
From: Gary Bowers <gbowers AT ITRUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 14:10:09 -0500
Ok, so I went and looked it up.  The way we used to do this was to
kick of the restore with the "tapeprompt" option.  This would cause
the client to pause before the tape was mounted, and prompt if you
wanted to mount the tape.  If you select no, then it does not restore
anything, and goes on to the next tape.  Just pick no on each one, and
write down the tapes it asks for.

The sho bfo works too, but can be annoying if you want to restore a
whole directory.

Hope someone finds this useful.  :)

Gary
Itrus Technologies