ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] What is the best why to identify what tape volumes a backup object is residing on.

2009-10-07 14:31:17
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] What is the best why to identify what tape volumes a backup object is residing on.
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 7 Oct 2009 20:29:19 +0200
Have you considered just doing a restore? If it's just one file, that
is definitely the fastest way to find out. Just specify an alternate
destination.

On 7 okt 2009, at 20:18, Brian G. Kunst wrote:

For security reasons, we're trying to identify what tapes a file is
residing on.  I've found the object_id of the file we're looking
for, 1524734887, and started a search of the CONTENTS table using
the following sql command:

SELECT * FROM CONTENTS WHERE NODE_NAME='UCSFSCL1_2' AND
OBJECT_ID=1524734887 > /home/bkunst/qcontents.out

This search has been running for over 24 hours now.  Is there a
quicker/better way to search for the volume_id for this file?

Thanks,

--
Brian Kunst
Storage Administrator