ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L]

2009-10-01 09:53:56
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L]
From: Wanda Prather <wprather AT JASI DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 09:52:53 -0400

> See answers below.
>

> My questions:
>
> 1) Since this is an auto migration process kicked off by the thresholds,
> does it have to complete before any new migration processes can start?

Yes (for the same pool)

> Is there any way to change/override that if that is the case?

You can try: update stgpool xxxxxxx migprocess=n+m
where  n is the number of processes currently defined for the pool, and m is
the additional processes you want to run.  That won't do any good, though,
if what is in the pool is one big filespace all belonging to 1 client.

> Is only
> one process running because the only data remaining in that pool is
> likely, as far as I can see, from a single node?

Yes.

> 2) Could I safely cancel this migration session, then restart four (or
> six, or eight) new migration sessions?

Yes.  Again, you won't get any more processes to run if all the data belongs
to 1 client.

> 3) Will this auto migration session complete when it gets to the lower
> threshold (60%) or will it keep going until the pool is empty?

It will complete when it gets to the low threshold, or when it has migrated
all the data from the largest client, whichever comes first.