ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] problem restoring exchange sg to rsg

2009-09-30 08:03:46
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] problem restoring exchange sg to rsg
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:02:41 -0400
Steve,

If you are restoring legacy backup into an RSG... you do NOT need to use
the "Restore Into" dialog box. The "Restore Into" dialog box (right-click)

is only used for VSS backups.

For Legacy restores into the RSG, you only need to have the RSG defined
with the proper databases added and then initiate the DP/Exchange restore.

The legacy restore will automatically be directed into the RSG unless you
have
the Microsoft override RSG registry key defined (which is not the
default).

Thanks,

Del

"ADSM: Dist Stor Manager" <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU> wrote on 09/30/2009
07:01:16 AM: