ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Exchange on VM with LAN-FREE

2009-09-30 04:51:14
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Exchange on VM with LAN-FREE
From: Steven Langdale <Steven.Langdale AT CAT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 09:48:57 +0100
Steve

I like that idea :)

Is it a supported config do you know?

Steven

Steven Langdale
Global Information Services
EAME SAN/Storage Planning and Implementation
( Phone : +44 (0)1733 584175
( Mob: +44 (0)7876 216782
ü Conference: +44 (0)208 609 7400 Code: 331817
+ Email: steven.langdale AT cat DOT com

Steven Harris <steve AT STEVENHARRIS DOT INFO>
29/09/2009 23:26
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] TDP for Exchange on VM with LAN-FREE

Caterpillar: Confidential Green Retain Until: 29/10/2009

Hi Nicholas

You could install TSM for SAN on the VM Host box, and set up a dedicated
virtual ethernet adapter internally to pass the data from the VM Client
to the host.  This way you only need one extra HBA for all the VMs on
the same host.

Regards

Steve

Steven Harris,
TSM Admin, Between Jobs, Sydney Australia

Nicholas Rodolfich wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> Thanks for your help!!
>
> I have a client that uses the Exchange TDP and are using LAN-FREE. The
data
> is several TB. They currently to a full on the weekends and incrementals
> daily. Their TSM server is on AIX. They would like to move their
physical
> Exchange servers to  couple of VMs. The issue is that none of our VCPs
seem
> to think that an HBA can be assigned to a individual guest for exclusive
> use thereby facilitating the use of LAN-FREE.
>
> Has anyone out there seen a similar configuration, or know that this
works
> or have any other ideas on how to accomplish the backup without
LAN-FREE?