ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Age-old licensing question

2009-09-28 09:47:30
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Age-old licensing question
From: Gary Bowers <gbowers AT ITRUS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 28 Sep 2009 08:46:52 -0500
It is all based on PVU.  For virtual machines you are paying for the
number of processors of the ESX server.

Gary
On Sep 28, 2009, at 4:28 AM, Minns, Farren - Chichester wrote:

Hi all

I know I started this in a reply to my backing up of virtual
machines bit thought it best to start a new thread.

My simple question is... how do I find out how much licensing
costs? :-)

I know it's not that simple though.

My basic questions are this...

1) do I need to use the PVU calculations to work out how much a
standard BA client license will cost or can I just pay for a
standard client license?
2) do I use the PVU calculations to back up virtual machines?
3) are standard BA client licenses cpu based (or PVU)?

Thanks in advance

Farren

This email (and any attachment) is confidential, may be legally
privileged and is intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you are
not the intended recipient please do
not disclose, copy or take any action in reliance on it. If you have
received this message in error please
tell us by reply and delete all copies on your system.

Although this email has been scanned for viruses you should rely on
your own virus check as the sender
accepts no liability for any damage arising out of any bug or virus
infection. Please note that email
traffic data may be monitored and that emails may be viewed for
security reasons.

John Wiley & Sons Limited is a private limited company registered in
England with registered number 641132.

Registered office address: The Atrium, Southern Gate, Chichester,
West Sussex, PO19 8SQ.