ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] DR restore of Client Data to new hardware w/ new IP

2009-09-23 14:02:18
Subject: [ADSM-L] DR restore of Client Data to new hardware w/ new IP
From: Eric Vaughn <evaughn AT STEVENSON DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 14:01:20 -0400
Hello,
Our environment consist of source to target. I have recreated and restored the
db onto a new piece of hardware that would be used as the replacement source
server. My issue is that the IP is new and not the address that was assigned to
the original source server. My assumption lead me to change the opt file on a
client to the new server address. I restarted the services and tried to open up
the gui and received a TCP/IP communication failure. Can anyone tell me what I
am missing? I would like to restore from the copy pool. I issued the command
update stgpool secondarypool access=unav so the client would retrieve data from
the archivepool but no luck.

Eric Vaughn
Technical Administrator
Stevenson University