ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] how to show the backup time of a fileset?

2009-09-23 05:19:10
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] how to show the backup time of a fileset?
From: Xav Paice <xpaice AT OSS.CO DOT NZ>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 21:18:26 +1200
----- "Mehdi Salehi" <iranian.aix.support AT GMAIL DOT COM> wrote:

> It is a standard incremental backup.
> I noticed that when I backup a filesystem "Last Backup Start
> Date/Time" gets
> a value. but if backing up a directory inside a filesystem, this field
> does
> not change.
> For example:
> # dsmc  inc /home -subdir=yes (sets the time in tsm server)
> # dsmc  inc /home/mehdi -subdir=yes (does not set the time in tsm
> server)

ah - the timestamp is for the last backup of that filespace, a subdir is not
counted as the whole filespace.

you could try:
SELECT ll_name, backup_date FROM backups WHERE node_name='some_node' AND
filespace_name='/home' AND hl_name='/home/mehdi/' AND state='ACTIVE_VERSION'

If you didn't want a result for every file, you could add ll_name='my_file.foo'.

If you use that be aware it might be a little resource intensive and could be
best run from a script to output with csv...

I guess it's time to ask what it is you're really wanting out of this - if it's
confirmation that you got a good backup then you might be better off looking at
the client logs, activity log and possibly the amount of data transferred?