ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] ANR8214E Session open with xx.xx.xx.xx failed due to connection refusal

2009-09-21 07:40:28
Subject: [ADSM-L] ANR8214E Session open with xx.xx.xx.xx failed due to connection refusal
From: Danny Blair <tivolidude AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 07:38:47 -0400
 All,

We have a node that is failing nightly with the error:
"ANR8214E Session open with xx.xx.xx.xx failed due to connection refusal"
 (this error is seen on the tivoli server)
I see nothing in the error log or the sched log. I can, however, initiate a
backup manually from the client node and it works no problem.
This node is running 5.3.2 (our server is 5.5.2). I see nothing in the event
log for the problem node and there is no firewall. The client node is a VM
server running windows server 2003, traceroute looks fine. Have you ever
seen anything like this? This happened out of the blue (nothing changed on
the server that I know of) and continues to miss over the past 2 weeks.

Thanks in advance for any advice/help/solutions!