ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM architecture

2009-09-18 11:50:41
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM architecture
From: David McClelland <tsm AT NETWORKC.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:48:55 +0100
Immediate quick thought is that whilst much of the client backup activity
for a TSM Server may well be overnight, most TSM Servers perform their
not-insignificant essential housekeeping during the day which, depending
upon the load of your TSM Server, may be a considerable drain on the
system's I/O resources (disk > tape migration, expiration, reclamation etc).

/David Mc
London, UK