ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Calculate total data backed up on tape

2009-09-18 08:44:49
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Calculate total data backed up on tape
From: David McClelland <tsm AT NETWORKC.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 13:43:32 +0100
Joni,

Various ways to skin this cat. Is there a naming convention that links
together your tape storage pools? Getting stuff from the OCCUPANCY table
might be pretty accurate - this query splits up PRIMARY and COPY tape usage,
based upon a convention of *TAPE and *COPY naming convention.

select distinct -
        (select sum(logical_mb)/1024/1024 from occupancy where stgpool_name
like '%TAPE') as PRIMARY_LOGICAL_TB, -
        (select sum(logical_mb)/1024/1024 from occupancy where stgpool_name
like '%COPY') as COPY_LOGICAL_TB -
from occupancy

HTH,

/David Mc