ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] [TSM] Client Options Set - A bit confuse

2009-09-17 17:13:02
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] [TSM] Client Options Set - A bit confuse
From: Shawn Drew <shawn.drew AT AMERICAS.BNPPARIBAS DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 17:11:15 -0400
You put in the Includes upside down.  You should have entered the includes
after the excludes so they would be at the bottom of the list.

Maybe I wasn't clear in my first email and this is a little tricky, so
I'll rephrase:
- when you define the inclexcl commands, you should put in the excludes
first, and then the includes at the end.  When you do a "q clopt" from the
server console, the lines that have a higher sequence number are evaluated
first.
- when you run that "q inclexcl" command from the client, it reverses the
order of everything so that the includes *should* be at the top now
- exclude.dir commands are NEVER ignored, so you can NOT use that if you
want anything backed up under that directory at all.
- If you want to exclude file systems, use the "exclude.fs" or "DOMAIN
-/filesystem"    don't treat file systems as directories.  They have to be
excluded/included differently

Regards,
Shawn
Shawn Drew

Internet
billpp AT GMAIL DOT COM

Sent by: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
09/17/2009 03:45 PM
Please respond to
ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

cc

Subject
Re: [ADSM-L] [TSM] Client Options Set - A bit confuse

Well..
A new problem comes up to my setup..

This is how I'd setup my clientopt set:
# Client opt definitions
define clientopt oddie compression no force=yes
define clientopt oddie subdir yes force=yes
define clientopt oddie dirmc DIRETORIOS force=yes

# Includes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "include /projetosfechados/.../*
1Ver3Anos" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "include /arquivodigital/.../*
1Ver3Anos" force=yes

define clientopt oddie inclexcl "include /backups/* 7Ver3Anos" force=yes

define clientopt oddie inclexcl "include /backups/databases/*
14Ver3Anos" force=yes

define clientopt oddie inclexcl "include /projetos/.../* 3Anos" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "include /plotagem/.../* 3Anos" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "include /imagens/.../* 3Anos" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "include /home/.../* 3Anos" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "include /sharedadm/.../* 3Anos" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "include /sharedprod/.../* 3Anos"
force=yes

define clientopt oddie inclexcl "exclude.dir
/backups/backup_mail/mailman/" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "exclude.dir
/backups/backup_mail/vmail/" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "exclude.dir /.../*" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "exclude.dir /*" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "exclude /.../*" force=yes
define clientopt oddie inclexcl "exclude /*" force=yes

#### How client shows q inclexcl:
tsm> q inclexcl
*** FILE INCLUDE/EXCLUDE ***
Mode Function  Pattern (match from top down)  Source File
---- --------- ------------------------------ -----------------
No exclude filespace statements defined.
Excl Directory /*                             Server
Excl Directory /.../*                         Server
Excl Directory /backups/backup_mail/vmail/    Server
Excl Directory /backups/backup_mail/mailman/  Server
Excl Directory /.../.TsmCacheDir              TSM
Exclude All       /*                             Server
Exclude All       /.../*                         Server
Include All       /sharedprod/.../*              Server
Include All       /sharedadm/.../*               Server
Include All       /home/.../*                    Server
Include All       /imagens/.../*                 Server
Include All       /plotagem/.../*                Server
Include All       /projetos/.../*                Server
Include All       /backups/databases/*           Server
Include All       /backups/*                     Server
Include All       /arquivodigital/.../*          Server
Include All       /projetosfechados/.../*        Server
No DFS include/exclude statements defined.
tsm>

####

But, when I run "dsmc incremental", ALL filesystem's is backed up or
at least create filespaces...

How can I say to TSM only backup (create filespace) for those
"includes" directories ?

I'm afraid that my schedule client task, defined as
"action=incremental" will create a FULL backup from node, that is not
the intention...

Thanks again, in advance :)

--

Flávio do Carmo Júnior aka waKKu