ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Mac Client Still being severed. Why?

2009-09-08 10:53:30
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Mac Client Still being severed. Why?
From: Remco Post <r.post AT PLCS DOT NL>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 8 Sep 2009 16:51:37 +0200
On 8 sep 2009, at 16:37, Minns, Farren - Chichester wrote:

Hi all

Running TSM Server 5.5.2.0 on Solaris and having a problem with just
one of our Mac Clients.

The Mac Client is running TSM Client 5.4.3.0  (the OS is version
10.4.11).

My problem is that both scheduled and manual backups fail after
approx an hour (running a few more tests to see if it's exactly an
hour) with the message ANR0480W Session 21409 for node CHXSERVE03
(Mac) terminated - connection with client severed.

I had read a few things saying that perhaps I was running two
schedulers which I'm sure I'm not (at least, I don't think so), and
even if I would still be able to run a manual backup during the day
when schedules do not run.

Does anyone have any ideas?

do you have logfiles? when you run "dsmc i" on the mac in a terminal,
what happens? This being a Mac, it probably has about 250.000 to more
than 1 000 000 files just in /....

Many thanks as always.

Farren Minns
John Wiley & Sons