ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] Synergy betwixt TSM and Microsoft DPM?

2009-09-04 11:56:15
Subject: [ADSM-L] Synergy betwixt TSM and Microsoft DPM?
From: "Allen S. Rout" <asr AT UFL DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 11:54:18 -0400
Hey, all.

It looks like a good case has been made to deploy DPM for some of our
services here, and I wanted to see if any of the Elect had some good
points to report.

At a glance it appears that MS's network effect will be very useful to
my M$ customers. However, I was hoping to find that I could, for
example, back it to TSM in a manner analogous to the Backup Exec
TSM-as-a-media-server thing.

Any experience?  Good stories? Bad?

I'd never heard of the product before a week ago, which kind of
surprises me.

- Allen S. Rout