ADSM-L

[ADSM-L] TSM Windows Client and Persystent imaging software

2009-09-03 11:13:20
Subject: [ADSM-L] TSM Windows Client and Persystent imaging software
From: "Sergio O. Fuentes" <sfuentes AT UMD DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 3 Sep 2009 11:13:00 -0400
Hi all,

Just learned of a backup "issue" we're having with a Windows 5.5.2 client.
They're running some imaging software called Persystent.  Turns out they've
been having to reindex their repository rather frequently and this process goes
out and touches all the files and bytes in that repository.  It's about 350GB
large.  TSM then comes around and backs up all those files again. Our TSM
server can gobble it ok, but it seems like a huge waste to backup the
repository so frequently.

I'm not sure why they need to reindex, since I'm not very familiar with the
software.  So I'm reaching out to this group to see if anyone is familiar with
Persystent software and backing it up with TSM.  Any pointers to documentation
would help.  If there's anyone with experience, I'd appreciate your insight.
Thank you all.

Sergio