ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Large disk concerns/alternatives ?

2009-09-01 13:28:30
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Large disk concerns/alternatives ?
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 12:27:09 -0500
Good day everyone,
Thank you for your input.
After careful review of my config I found a typo in my opt file and my data was
being sent to an undersized STG and in turn was writing directly to tape. After
correcting the include statement the throughput is where it should be for my
primary site to primary site data transfers. ( 1gb between the two sites).

However, that does not address my remote sites. My remote sites are multiple
TBs of data.
Does anyone have any suggestions of how to most efficiently backup/recover a
large remote site with limited bandwidth ?

One alternate method we have used in the past, for the continental US, is
restoring the data locally to the site the TSM server resides then copying the
data to disks and shipping them overnight to the location. A little cumbersome
and shipping fully populated disks is a concern but it is fairly efficient.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Duane