ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Colorful console mode output

2009-08-22 16:46:48
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Colorful console mode output
From: Michael Green <mishagreen AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 23:45:16 +0300
On Sat, Aug 22, 2009 at 7:59 AM, Stef Coene<stef.coene AT docum DOT org> wrote:

> Nice scripts (I have something similar), but I had to replace ^[ with \033 for
> the colors to work on my linux box.

What actually  happened is that after you copied and pasted the script
into a new file the special meaning of the escape code that appears as
^[ was stripped off. It became literally a ^ followed by [, whereas in
the script this sequence was created by typing Ctrl-V followed by
Ctrl-[.
I forgot to take this little nuisance into account, when I was posting
the code to the list.

\033 will work fine as well as downloading the script from here
<http://www.weizmann.ac.il/~michaelg/dsmact.pl.gz>.
If you download it, it should be intact.

--
Warm regards,
Michael Green