ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] Change backup copy group settings

2009-08-14 05:18:38
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] Change backup copy group settings
From: David McClelland <david.mcclelland AT NETWORKC.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 10:17:49 +0100
I'm not sure that checking the dsmsched.log on the client will help James to
identify how many versions of files have been expired on the TSM server as a
result of the copy group change and subsequent EXPIRE INVENTORY run, but I
agree that checking the output of 'Q OCC' for the client before and after
the expiration is a good plan. You could check the output of some 'Q BACKUP'
commands from the client for some sample files to ensure that there are only
the required number/retention of objects after the change/expiration has
been run. But if you've already made the change and run EXPIRE INVENTORY
without any grabbing any baseline information for this client beforehand
then you're pretty limited in your ability to calculate the delta. If you're
very lucky, the AUDITOCCUPANCY table may not have been updated since the
change and you can run 'Q AUDITOCC <TESTNODE>' to get some information on
volume of data managed from before, then run an 'AUDIT LIC' and then run the
'Q AUDITOCC <TESTNODE>' once again to give you the delta.

HTH,

/David McClelland
London, UK