ADSM-L

Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for Windows 2008 CLuster

2009-08-13 09:57:47
Subject: Re: [ADSM-L] TSM for Windows 2008 CLuster
From: "Ochs, Duane" <Duane.Ochs AT QG DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 08:56:20 -0500
We ran into similar issues in 2003, we ended up putting the opt files on the c
drives. It can be a pain point if the opt files are modified and not copied to
each member of the cluster, but it prevents resources from dropping when a the
disk with the opt file or TSM install was removed or taken offline.

One other thing that may be beneficial to a cluster resource config. After I
create my cluster resources( TSM schedulers and acceptors), in W2K3 I open the
properties on the resources, select advanced tab and uncheck effects group.
This prevents an out of sync password from failing the cluster group.
In W2K8 open the properties for the resource, select policies and uncheck "If
restart is unsuccessful, fail over all resources in this service or
application".
This will prevent a TSM resource from causing a failover to a different node.